Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Unpacking, cool breezes, and talks with friends

I got back from Houston last night, and the moment I stepped off the plane, I've felt nothing but a bombardment of things to get done in the next week and 2 days before my sister and I leave for Europe. There's still planning to be done, hostels to book, hair to cut!
But for right now, I'm just thankful for the long talk I got to have with Sunny this morning. She called me on her way to start her job as a camp counselor in Nebraska, a job she is highly qualified for and highly nervous for, and it was wonderful to hear her voice. It's what I needed, the comfort of catching up with one of my people. Someone who understands me on the good days as well as the bad ones, loving me whether I deserve it or not. I get to see Kayla today too, which is perfect timing because no one can make me laugh about life like she can.
I'm thrilled to be back home in MN, but it's so much cooler out right now! The day is overcast with a slight breeze blowing into my room. There's also a nasty spider on the INSIDE of my screen, and I may just have to do something about him... Clearly I am procrastinating unpacking my suitcase from my Houston travels....So here are some pictures of the trip!!
This is dad at a delectable little Mediterranean place, so good!!
A baklava dessert we shared, flaky goodness.
Dad bought me a puzzle! We love doing them. Meaning I do all of it and he "helps"
Last day in Houston! I already miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment