Sunday, May 20, 2012

Les choses que j'adore

I love the sanctity that is my Holy One. There is nothing on this list that can compare, but I love how God has given me passions and hopes and dreams, and a bit of an obsession with coffee.
With that sentiment, the next love is obviously coffee. I have a fascination with purchasing obscure coffee mugs. I plan on having a giant collection of various coffee mugs. I refuse to have a matching set of them. Too "Pottery Barn." Which would, in turn, cause me to vomit. I think it only appropriate to have a coffee mug for whatever mood I'm in. Coffee for every occassion: groggy mornings, summery evenings, study breaks, afternoon visits from old friends, snow days, lazy Sundays, mental health days, or simply coffee moods. There needs to be a go-to mug for comfort, and to feel original of course. I think coffee, to me, means home in a lot of ways. It's the one thing I can count on when I go home from school. No matter the time of year, there is a pot of fresh coffee in the morning. I can't imagine a world where coffee and books don't go together.
It's the ultimate "home is" statement. "Home is where I sip coffee and turn a worn page." It's essential. The combination cures the blues and lifts the spirit. It's a remedy of sorts, and I adore it.
I love bookstores. What an understatement that is. But really. Book sales, corporate or local, book fairs or a quaint stand of paperbacks. I love it and am immediately drawn to the printed words, untouched by my eager fingertips to fan through the pages. I don't pretend to be the only one who feels this way either, it's something worth sharing. A love for words lost in letters.
I also love travel. Europe 2012 is almost here (12 days to be exact!!!) That can't be real...but it is! I've no idea what to expect, but it's going to be marvelous. Praise God for such a unique gift to spend time in places I've only dreamed of with my best friend! My sister! These are things I do not deserve, and because of it, God's grace is glorified and more up close than it ever was in Sunday school. The elements of beauty that sing to my hidden heart have been written by the most gentle Prince. May I love him better than I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment