Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall Playlist: Part Two

Since my first fall playlist post continues to get hits a year after I posted it for reasons past my understanding, I thought I'd post a 2013 version.

Okay, the truth of it is I have this feeling the reason the 2012 post was popular is not because of my stellar writing, nor my brilliant music choices, but because I borrowed several "fall" images from an impromptu google search, which, in turn, directs people to my post when they click on the image....

Eh. Take what you can get.

No matter, I will make another one anyway because compiling playlists is alway more fun than whatever I am supposed to be doing - in this case, it's editing four creative writing pieces for my fiction class. Can you say, "Score?!"

If you can, lovely. I, however, cannot.

So here we are. Songs that annotate the time of year everyone claims as their own. Every filtered picture of an apple tree is a unique creation, every status about changing leaves has never been posted before, every pair of brown, knee-high boots is inspired.

I could go on, but my words might come out more bitter than my dark roast coffee.

Anyway, here goes!

Easy to Love - Ivan & Alyosha
Quiet Houses - Fleet Foxes
Eavesdrop - The Civil Wars
Autumn Leaves - Nat King Cole
Nice Fox - The Rosebuds
The Call (Live London Version) - Regina Spektor
My My Love - Joshua Radin
Reflecting Light - Sam Phillips
Big Bird in a Small Cage - Patrick Watson
Bleecker Street - Simon & Garfukel
Mary - Noah and the Whale
Curs in the Weeds - Horse Feathers
Dead Sea - The Lumineers
Ant Farm - Eels

No comments:

Post a Comment