Friday, June 14, 2013

Shout-out-to-summer

Shout out to summer and instagram-worthy moments.
Sunny and I were talked about the notion that instagram pictures typically have more of a story behind them, or just more personality, then the funny angles and obnoxious hashtags (#guiltyofthat).

I like to pretend mine do, too.

Bough a whole mess of produce at my favorite local grocery story several blocks away from my rundown porch steps and neighboring parrot that squawks "GOODBYE!" at me when I drive to work


I also (for some unfathomable reason) felt pinterest-y lately, just in the mood to do things like roast almonds and pretend putting belts over my skirts make me trendy. Thus, berries coated in a thin layer of plain, Dannon yogurt (didn't have greek yogurt, though I think that would be even more scrumptions/hip), and then frozen to summertime perfection. YUM. 
And yes, an apron was involved.


These were flowers brought to my unexpected rescue from a man that knows when I need to go be by myself and run my feelings out and make me laugh when I let him find me. Unfortunately, they went all Beauty-and-the-Beast on me and wilted their petals away (though not in a glass case ah-la B&B) BUT that's because they were handpicked and not quite ready. Still lovely all the same.


This salad looked summary, and tasted delicious. I was not allowed to instagram this one (though I never understand why I am always denied the ability to add a little blur and an artsy filter to our food!) I am an instagram fiend. And this salad was prepped and ready to go by the time I got home from work, can you say winning?? I've never eaten so regularly/well in my whole life!


This was the "after" photo.
After my run.
After my God drenched me in truth, in his spirit, in his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment