Sunday, February 24, 2013

Should you shake my ash to the wind Lord, forget all of my sins or let me die where I lie 'neath the curse of my lover's eyes


The Lord says:
“These people come near to me with their mouth
    and honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
    is made up only of rules taught by men. Therefore once more I will astound these people
    with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
    the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish.


-Isaiah 29:13-14

















Sometimes the Lord speaks in whispers, sometimes in the melody of your favorite song, and occasionally, He reminds you of who you are the morning you skipped church because you were too exhausted and felt like hiding all of the things you had not gotten done. This doesn't make me worse, it makes me redeemed.

The thing is, I am those Israelite people. My heart does run away from God towards things I deem best, things I imagine will write the best story. Does this mean I can't dream? Of course not, but the things I tend to place value in are completely invaluable compared to the wholeness, the worth I have in God who, even after my attempts to figure it all out without Him, longs to ASTOUND me with wonder upon wonder. Whatever that means. He is worth giving up my life for.

No comments:

Post a Comment