Wednesday, November 7, 2012

All I ever needed was a landline

Oh college, how you have shaped thee.
Let's just ponder today: an extra two hours of accidental sleep. A lonely calculator missed desperately by my anxiety once I arrived at school. A beautiful, under-appreciated fall day. A few good men that always have my back, and usually my humor. Two very surly tests and too many numbers without hope. A hot cup of dark roast in a too-merry cup for the second week of November. Words of wisdom from a man who also panics at the thought of lost luggage. A few stolen library moments. Dinner with the face of change and a voice that still produces my gut-laugh. A desk. Enjoying laughter with friends without hearing their voices. A forgotten thermos. A laugh back with those few good men and a fascination with a rejected chip. A favor to a redbox. A door I haven't seen in 14 hours. A note and coffee money from my Mia. Preparations for the morning like hardy soup and four scoops of coffee because three is never quite enough. Clean hair from a too-late shower. Quiet melodies of Greg Laswell and Ingrid Michaelson. The hope for the next few days to come.

But mostly, a God that waits for my return and delights in my very heart. He longs for the moments I look up, and I am so very grateful for this moment that I am 20 and I am free. For this moment that I am clean and I am healed. For this moment that I am exhausted, yet joyful. For this moment that I have the very hands of God on the fringes of my life that I'd deemed unsalvageable. Each piece is precious to Him. Grateful for that 1:34 in the morning truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment