Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Wednesday Morning

It was quite unproductive, but sometimes, that's okay.

I've been able to relax quite a bit in the last couple of days, and for that I am grateful. I always make too-big of plans to do everything, get it all finished, cross off stuff on my to-do-list for the week (or adding to it things I've already done so I feel accomplished...which everyone is guilty of). And yet, I don't think that time was wasted in the slightest. Yesterday for example, I was at work staring at my French homework as the Future Anterior mocked me with it's unnecessary existence, and I took a break (from not a whole lot of original concentration anyway) and somehow ended up reading some of my grandmother's brilliant short stories on her website. She is an established writer and someone I cherish immensely. She has influenced me more than words can say. I made it through several pf her pieces and one even moved me to tears, so I emailed her immediately letting her know how in awe I was of her talent, and simply that she is great. Those are the moments I will remember from college. It's just the truth. Yes, right now, I seem to be called to be a student. Yes, I take school pretty seriously, but there is a time for school and a time for life, and sometimes, contrary to University officials, they are not interchangeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment