Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finals Week

This Song and these photos remind me all things are made new.














It has been a memorable semester.

Side note: I cannot WAIT until the day I do not have to measure periods of my life in semesters, breaks, and 50 minute time blocks.

- but anyway -

My posts always manifest themselves as lists, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Hope you are too.

     Thankful for the change, the blurry nights of no sleep and coffee headaches. I'm thankful for grace, lengthy modernist texts, and fiction writing that makes me feel free. I'm thankful for wet boots and icy mornings. I'm thankful for new vacuums, for mismatched furniture and spontaneous trips to the cheesecake factory.
     There's so much left to do. So many more countries to explore and (slighly neurotic) pages to write. I have much to learn about the Great I AM and how losing myself in His grace is the only way to live. I am a broken mess and continue to grow - in small bursts and over large stretches of "I can't do this." And yes, the next several days involve seven painful pages of French literature analysis and an early morning final. I have responsibilities. I have groceries. I have worries. Yet I also have confidence in The Lord and in this:

Isaiah 43: 18-19
"Forget the former things; 
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up; 
do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the wilderness 
and streams in the wasteland."



No comments:

Post a Comment