Saturday, December 15, 2012

Strayed above the highway aisle (Jagged vacance, thick with ice) And I could see for miles, miles, miles


Here’s the thing.

I want to go ice-skating in Central Park. I want the breath knocked clear out my lungs just from one look at Machu Picchu.  I want to climb on Stonehenge, even if it’s not allowed.  I want to drink black coffee in a French café.  I want my Goosebumps tingling as I stand in the middle of a field in Ireland.  I want to raft down the rapids in the Grand Canyon.  I want too many pictures. I want to walk the path to Mordoor in New Zealand.  I want to taste real Chinese food.  I want to throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain.  I want to stare out the window of a train like Anna Karenina.  I want to go cliff jumping.  I want to taste the salty air of Santorini.  I want to write about it all.  I want to learn how to waltz.  I want to check the time on Big Ben.  I want to speak French in Quebec.  I want to experience Rio.  I want to yell like mad at a world cup match.  I want to meet interesting people on airplanes.  I want to walk through fields if tulips in the Netherlands.  I want to walk through the gates of Versailles and imagine Marie Antoinette.  I don’t want to be a tourist. I want to eat pasta in Italy and love myself for it.  I want to explore Scotland’s castles. I want to dig up family history in Turkey.  I want to walk amongst the pyramids in Egypt.  I want to stand in awe of the Northern Lights.  I want to walk through Jerusalem.  I don’t want to play by the rules. I want to put a love letter in the Casa de Giulietta in Verona.  I want to take a corny picture next to the Leaning Tower of Pisa.  I want to discover what’s in Belgium.  I want to go on adventures!


All I want to do is move. All I want to do is move and grow and change into all the people I'm supposed to be and maybe a few that I'm not. All I want to do is explore. Explore the richest coffee and where the air is the saltiest.  To add "adventurist" to my list of character traits. To dig deeper into The Great I AM and find out my passions while doing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment